What is covered?
The UberDoors’ Limited Warranty covers manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship of doors, with the exceptions stated below.
How long coverage lasts
This limited warranty is NOT TRANSFERRABLE and runs for one year from the date of initial purchase from UberDoors by the initial wholesaler, distributor or other purchaser. If federal, state or provincial law limits or restricts this prohibition on transfer, then the warranty period is effective for one year from the date of initial purchase from UberDoors by the initial buyer.
What is not covered?
The following shall not be considered defects in materials or workmanship under any circumstances and are not covered by this limited warranty:
- Damage resulting from attempts to repair doors by persons other than UberDoors or its designated representative(s).
- Knot size, shape or placement or any natural variation in color or texture of the wood.
- Rustic alder surface checks which are less than 1/8” in width and 5” long.
- Variation in thickness, width, or length less than the industry standards.
- Knife, molder or shaper marks which do not impair the dimensional integrity of the door.
- Damage caused by or resulting from improper machining by the pre-hanger.
- Warping of any door, not exceeding 1/4” in plane of the door itself.
- Problems due to misuse of or abuse to the door.
- Damage as a result of any cause beyond UberDoors’ control (e.g. fire, flood, earthquake, other acts of nature, or acts of third parties outside UberDoors’ control, including, without limitation, shipping companies).
- Problems related to improper finishing of all six sides. These sides include: front, back, top edge, bottom edge, left side and right side of the door.
- Variation or unsatisfactory results in sheen or texture resulting from the field application of paint, stain or lacquer or any other finishing material or damage caused by extreme temperature.
- Expansion or contraction of the door or other changes in form due to environmental conditions, including, without limitation, changes in moisture, temperature and humidity.
- Panel shrinkage or misalignment, including, without limitation, the appearance of unstained lines along the edge of a panel (may be caused by fluctuations or differences in temperature or humidity).
- Bowing or misalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door panel is hung, or problems related to water and/or air infiltration due to improper assembly or installation.
- Improper installation of hardware.
- Discoloration or rusting caused by decorative metal accent options (such as grilles, clavos, straps, etc.) or hardware or inserts (such as locksets, door handles, strikes, etc.).
- Installation of an interior door in an exterior application.
- Door must be finished on all six sides.
- Door installation before mudding and taping is dried and complete.
- Failure to install an exterior door under an adequate overhang or with adequate protection from the elements. Adequate overhang means a minimum overhang projecting a distance from the structure equal to one-half the distance between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the overhang at the point which is farthest from the door. South and southwest facing exterior doors void the warranty.
- Failure to report problems with installed glass before a door is machined or finished.
- UberDoors is not responsible for any problems related to glass installed in an UberDoors door by a distributor or other door shop or any UberDoors door with problems resulting from improperly installed glass. These problems include, but are not limited to, glazing, waterproofing of glass and accompanying door cracks, blemishes, moisture in the glass, or any injury caused by or related to glass in an UberDoors door.
- Acceptable characteristics include variations in color, stain, wood grain, grain appearance, unlimited tight knots and unlimited worm holes. These variations in the product are completely normal and are not covered by this limited warranty.
- Modifying an UberDoors door will void this limited warranty. Improper modifications include, but are not limited to, excessive trimming, removing panels, v-grooving damage (v-grooves in excess of 3/8″ wide and 3/16″ deep), and distressing damage. Allowable trimming on an UberDoors door is ½” from the sides of the door and the top of the door and 1” from the bottom of the door.
- Failure to report to UberDoors any visible defect or mistake in shipment more than 24 hours after receipt, or after the product is machined or installed.
Procedures you must follow to exercise this limited warranty
The integrity of an UberDoors door is predicated upon the adherence to the following procedures. Failure to observe these procedures may result in or precipitate an adverse reaction of the product, and shall void any warranty or claim.
- All doors are packaged for forklift loading and unloading. They are palletized and banded together. Upon receipt, any shipping damage must be noted on the bill of lading and reported immediately to the delivering carrier and UberDoors.
- Doors must be stored flat on a level surface in a dry, well ventilated building at least 4” above the ground and covered to avoid direct sunlight, as well as moisture, dirt and dust.
- Doors must be conditioned to average prevailing relative humidity and temperature of the locality before hanging.
- Do not walk on doors or drag doors across one another, particularly if they include raised molding.
- Doors must not be subject to extreme or rapid changes in heat or humidity, including, without limitation, sudden changes resulting from forced heat used to dry out a building.
- If doors are stored at a job site, all six sides must be sealed with an effective quality oil-based or mineral-based sealer in order to prevent unacceptable moisture absorption.
- When hanging doors, allow adequate clearance between the door and frame for normal swelling of the door or frame in damp weather. Clearances between the door edges and door frame must be a minimum of 1/16″ on the hinge side and 1/8″ clearance on the latch side and top rail. When cutting, use a sharp fine-tooth saw.
- Caution must be used to avoid impairing the strength of the door when fitting for locks or other hardware. Allow at least 1” of wood back of the mortise.
- Pilot holes must be drilled for all screws that act as hardware attachments.
- Use a minimum of three hinges on doors up to 7’ tall and four hinges on doors over 7’ tall. Hinges must be set in a straight line to prevent distortion of the door.
- Jambs and stops must be set square and plumb.
- Immediately after cutting and fitting (and before final hanging) seal all surfaces and ends of the door with an effective quality sealer.
- Do not install doors before ‘mudding’ and taping of sheet rock has been dried and completed.
- For best performance, doors must be finished lying flat.
- Sand entire door with appropriate grit of sandpaper in the same direction as the grain.
- Finish must be applied immediately after fitting and hanging, but not during or after high moisture times.
- Remove dust before finishing.
- Follow manufacturer’s directions closely for all finish products.
UberDoors will not, under any circumstances, be liable for installation, refinishing or painting costs.
What UberDoors will do
In the event of a warranty claim UberDoors has the option to either: (a) repair the door, (b) ship a replacement door (FOB UberDoors Salt Lake City warehouse) to the distributor or person making the warranty claim, or (c) refund the original purchase price paid by the purchaser to UberDoors for the door.
How to get service
In order to be eligible for service under this Limited Warranty you MUST notify UberDoors [within two (2) business days of the date you discovered or should have discovered a defect. Such notice should be sent with a brief written description of the defect via postage paid, certified mail, return receipt requested, to:
UberDoors will contact you a reasonable time to inspect the defect. If no defect exists, then you shall pay UberDoors for the inspection. If a defect exists, UberDoors will contact you within a reasonable time after the inspection to give the results of the inspection.
How does state law apply?
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
No distributor, dealer or representative of UberDoors has the authority to change, modify or extend this warranty.
The original purchaser of this door acknowledges that it has read this warranty, understands it and is bound by its terms. The distributor agrees to provide this warranty to the original owner of the structure into which the door is to be installed.
UberDoors shall not be liable for consequential, indirect or incidental damages, normal wear and tear, or for any amount in excess of the distributor’s purchase price of the defective door. The door must also be finished/sealed on all six sides within two weeks of delivery, otherwise this warranty is void.
All visible defects or mistakes in shipment must be reported to UberDoors within 24 hours of receipt and before the product is machined or installed, otherwise the condition of the door shall be deemed correct and/or acceptable.