Posted on Oct 20, 2016 in DIY Projects
Are you looking for a way to personalize your Knotty Alder French Exterior front Doors? Look no further than this simple, DIY sign can easily be created from an old pallet, scrap wood from your local lumber store, or from irregular lengths of inexpensive lumber. This easy front door DIY project can be personalized to fit your family, a holiday, or another special event. Read on for instructions.
DIY Welcome Sign
3- 1x4x8ft pieces of lumber; 2 pieces cut into varying lengths, no less than 6 inches, and one for the sign support.
1- box of 1 inch screws (black)
Craft paints in your favorite colors
A list of words that define your family.
Matte finish clear coat spray paint.
1. Cut your 1×4 lumber into 8 inch and 10 inch lengths, sanding the edges smooth.
2. Paint your pieces in alternating colors
3. Using black paint, add your family words to your wood pieces
4. Alternating longer and shorter pieces of wood, attach them to your sign support with the 1″ screws.
5. Paint the tops of the screws to blend in with the paint of the board and allow to dry.
6. Using the clear coat spray paint, cover the entire sign to preserve your masterpiece. Allow to dry.
7. Stand upright by your front door to greet your guests!