Our homes are a refuge from the outside world, and one of the most important things we can do to keep it that way is to take certain precautions to ensure our families safety.
One of the best ways to keep your home safe is by picking a quality door such as steel doors. Here are some other things that can be done to secure your home:
There are a few small things that can make a big difference for the safety for your home.
1. Don’t leave your trash bins out when you are gone, ask a neighbor to put them away.
2. Put your lights on timers so that they turn on and off during the night hours.
3. Have someone stop by and pick up mail and newspapers in the driveway, things left on your doorstep are a telltale sign someone is gone.
4. Let a trusted neighbor know you are gone so they can keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
1. Buying a high quality door from UberDoors is the best thing you can do to make sure your front door is secure.
2. Use a deadbolt to keep your door secure, and keep the door hinges on the inside so that someone can’t open them from the outside.
3. Make sure if you have exterior doors with windows that the glass is reinforced glass.
1. Use multiple paned windows with reinforced glass to make windows harder to break.
2. Make sure you use window locks and dowels when possible.
3. Double check that the widows can’t be undone from the outside by being popped out.
1. Do not plant bushes or trees to close to the house that will allow for intruders to have cover and be hidden.
2. Hide a spare key in a number combination box in a hidden place, this way you can tell guests the combination.
1. Keep the garage door closed all the times.
2. Make sure to have the door leading from the garage into the house has a deadbolt.